At Indigo Electrical we carry out all types of electrical testing for both homeowners and companies. All our testing is carried out to the latest British Standards BS7671:2008.

Unlike other electricians who test only 10% of the installation, we test 100%.

This page has information about all the different types of testing we can offer.

Should you require any advice on what type of testing you may need, give us a call today and a member of our team would be more than happy to help you.

I need a Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR).
An Electrical Installation Condition Report (formerly known as a Periodic Inspection Report) will show the condition of the electrical wiring in a property and checks the safety of the electrical installation. This type of electrical testing is carried out every five years in a commercial building and 10 years in a domestic property, however this does depend on the age and condition of the installation that is being tested.

One of our fully qualified electricians will attend your property when convenient for you and carry out 100% testing where possible. Upon completion of testing an NICEIC certificate will be issued within a week and sent to you for your records.

Should anything fail then we will let you know on your certificate why it has failed and issue a recommendation sheet and include a free no obligation quote for your consideration

I need Fixed Wire Testing
This is also known as a Electrical Condition Report – For more information please see above.

I’m a Landlord/Managing Agent that needs a Electrical Certificate
This takes the form of an Electrical Installation Condition Report so its purpose is to check the safety of the electrical installation in a property that a landlord would like to rent out to a tenant. This type of electrical testing is carried out every five years (as opposed to 10years) or at change of tenancy, depending on what comes sooner.

Legislation now in force that requires a landlord or managing agents to ensure that electrical equipment and the wiring system supplying it shall be in a safe condition. The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 states that a Landlord is responsible “to keep in repair and proper working order the installations in the dwelling house for the supply of water, gas and electricity….”

One of our fully qualified electricians will attend your property or properties when convenient for you and your tenant(s). An NICEIC certificate will then be sent to you for your records once all the testing has been completed with any recommendations/observations highlighted. Should any remedial works be required then a FREE no obigation quotation will be given (on request).

If you have several properties then discounts will apply. We can also arrange suitable times etc directly with the tenants – taking the stress and headache away!!! We will also remind you when the certifcates become expired.

Please note: Its also the Lanlords/Managing Agents responsiblity to ensure that all appliances within the property are in a safe condition. Therefore, a yearly PAT test of all appliances are required – please see below.

I need Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
This type of testing is a vital part of your Health and Safety requirements in the workplace and is a form of electrical safety testing to establish how safe the electrical items you use on a day to day basis. It is also neccessary for landlords to ensure all appliances given are in safe working order. Electrical items/appliances can be anything from a Toaster, Kettle or Television

Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 puts the duty of care upon both the employer and the employee to ensure the safety of all persons using the work premises, this also includes the self employed. There is are no absolute rules regarding how often an electrical item or appliance should be tested but HSE Guidance Notes advise “regular testing” which is generally interpreted as annual testing.

Homeowners are laso encouraged to carry out PAT testing in the home as electrical items like Fridges, coffee machines, Table Lamps and hairdryers can become faulty and therefore become a fire and electricution risk.

Unsure if you need a PAT test!?! then why no drop us a message (through our Contact Us Page), or give us a call – We will be more than happy to help.

I’m buying a flat/house & need a Pre-purchase Electrical Certificate
There are two options here. The first option can take the form of a Electrical Installation Condition Report. Therefore a full 100% test and inspection is carried out of the property you are looking to buy. An NICEIC certificate is also issued. The second option is a basic visual inspection, for people on a tight budget. At almost half the cost of the ECIR it is a great second best.

Please note: We would stronly advise carrying out an electrical test of a property before going ahead with the purchase, as some electrical problems can be very costly and very disruptive to rectify – if a re-wire is required then this can cost thousands of pounds….Don’t take the risk!!!

We can arrange a convenient date and time for the testing to be carried out with your estate agent to save you time.

I’m selling my flat/house & the buyer wants an Electrical Certificate
An Electrical Installation Condition Report (ECIR) is required. For more information please see above.

MOT your Home